- The sale of Southern Tool Steel supports several trends found in the Investment Banking South market survey, including:
- Manufacturing is particularly strong in the Southeast and is an especially attractive sector to the M&A market.
- There is a lot of money from outside the region looking for deals in the Southeast. Money is willing to travel to the region because prices are inflated in other parts of the country.
- There is a lot of money chasing a few quality deals in the region, and it’s a seller’s market.
- Even if a company has a few blemishes, it’s still a great time to sell if the business is properly packaged and the owner is emotionally ready.
- Despite interest in the Southeast from investors across the world and advancements in communication tools, proximity can still matter and give local investors an edge.