Matt Heiter is a shareholder at Baker Donelson in Memphis, Tenn. He focuses his practice on public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and business planning.
- Companies in Memphis garner capital from a strong local market of investors, as well as eager firms from outside the state.
- Tennessee government has effectively marketed the state’s attractive business environment, encouraging a steady stream of out-of-state money.
- The pent-up supply of cash from the recession and a general confidence in the economy has created a robust capital market.
- In addition to strong financials, companies should focus on their management team when seeking investors.
- Tennessee’s emphasis on start-ups has increased access to capital for companies of all sizes.